(these)abilities is a design & technology company that aims to "Disable Disabilities" by designing & building products that level the playing field for Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) at work, at home and during play.
Our products are designed together with PwDs using high and low tech, design thinking as well as community engagement and should be used by everyone, not just PwDs.
We strive to be the Premier Destination for anything Disability-related in Singapore and around the world.
Here at (these)abilities, we have two definitions of “Disability”:
Disability is the consequence of an impairment that may be physical, cognitive, mental, sensory, developmental or a combination.
Disability is the inability of a PwD’s surrounding environment to provide adaptations required for a PwD to lead an equitable life.
These are the “disabilities” we are disabling, in new and innovative ways.
Our focus areas A.R.E:
- Accessibility: To Technology in terms of Cost and Attainability
- Re-integration: Through Social Inclusion & Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities in effective problem solving
- Enlightenment: Full comprehension of Disability by the public, from a empathetic perspective.
We excel in the disciplines of:
- Design & Design Thinking
- Computer Science
- Community Engagement
We work with:
- Corporates looking to engage in CSR initiatives in the Disability Community as well as workplace integration for Employees with a Disability.
- Product Companies looking to add disability-friendly versions of their products to their repertoire.
- Disability-related Voluntary Welfare Organisations (VWOs) & Government Agencies in creating innovative product solutions.
- More information can be found in "Our Services"